- Accelerated transformation and growth of Ethiopian agriculture to achieve food and nutrition security and overcome rural underdevelopment;
- Enhanced capacity of national institutions and individuals to undertake leadership in the design and implementation of development strategies and initiatives;
- Enhanced bargaining power of national institutions in dealing with development partners and international institutions;
- Enhanced culture of involvement of private entities in AR&D, service delivery, and investment;
- Improved confidence of national institutions and individuals dealing with agriculture in what they are doing; and
- Increased number of young Ethiopian professionals and entrepreneurs choosing agriculture as a career and business.